HEALTH SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Bayam Enterprise Sdn Bhd is committed to providing a productive, safe and healthy work environment for its employees, contractors, clients, customers and visitors on its premises or that of its clients. This commitment extends to ensuring that the company’s operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, property damage, and to ensuring its works are conducted in an environmentally sustainable and responsible manner. Our commitment will be communicated to all employees, contractors and suppliers.
Bayam Enterprise Sdn Bhd will:
- Use safe systems of work that are environmentally sustainable and supported by documented procedures and audited systems.
- Be proactive in assessing health, safety and environmental hazards for new business, new and existing work systems , practices and equipment.
- Encourage team problem solving at all levels of the organization to implement work practices that continually improve safety, environmental standards and productivity.
- Report and investigate incidents and implement systems and practices that prevent recurrence.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- Train managers and employees to competently perform work described in safe work procedures.
- Provide information to all employees, contractors and customers that inform them of health, safety and environment issues relevant to the company’s operations.
- Ensure products are safe and without adverse environmental impact.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle waste materials wherever practical, and dispose of waste material in an environmentally responsible manner.
Management is accountable for implementing this policy and performance will be measured as part of annual performance reviews.
Management is responsible for:
- Complying with Bayam Enterprise Sdn Bhd’s health, safety and environment standards.
- The provision and maintenance of workplaces in a safe condition.
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of procedures which incorporate health, safety and environmentally safe systems and practices.
- Training employees and line managers in the competent performance of their assigned tasks.
- Effectively use company resources to meet the health, safety and environment commitment.
Employees, Contractors and Suppliers are to:
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and systems of work.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager.
- Actively support the company’s safety and environment program.
- Contribute ideas that make our workplaces safer and more productive.
Management and employees will participate in constructive and cooperative consultation on safety and environment matters. The organization will consult with employees and contractors in any workplace change that may effect their health and safety.
Azman Haji Ismail